Downgrade your plan when you want to chat less frequently during the week or if you want your plan for a shorter period of time.
You can downgrade your plan by sending a request to the help center (when you are logged in). Your downgraded plan will begin the next time your minutes refresh at 3 am.
This article explains how we work out the cost of your new plan when you downgrade.
Downgrading your plan
Thanks for being part of the Cambly community. There are two ways that you can downgrade.
- The first is to reduce the length of your plan. Examples include changing from a 12 month plan to a 3 month plan. Or changing from a 3 month plan to a 1 month plan.
- The second is to keep the same plan length, but to reduce the number of minutes per day or days per week.
- Whichever option you choose we end your current plan and begin a new plan.
Here’s an example using very easy numbers to show you how it works if you reduce the minutes or the days per week on your plan. The steps will be similar if you are downgrading to a shorter plan. For this example, we’ll use USD as the currency. These are not real prices. To see the real pricing for our plans, please visit our subscription page.
Reducing Minutes or Days per Week
Here’s an example using very easy numbers (these are not real prices, they’re just used to show you how it works.) For this example, we’ll use USD as the currency.
- You currently have a plan with 60 minutes per day, 5 days per week. It is a 12 month plan.
- You have used 4 months of your current plan.
- For this example, our normal price for 60 minutes per day, 5 days per week is $100 per month
- You received a 20% discount for committing to 12 months. You paid $1200 * 0.8 = $960
- $960/12 months = $80/month
- You want to downgrade to 30 minutes per day, 3 days per week 12 month plan.
- First we will end your current plan
- Then we will calculate the cost of the months you have used and calculate any credit
- In this example, you’ve used 4 months. $80 x 4 = $320
- $960 - $320 = $640 credit
- But we’re not quite done yet - we still need to add your new plan.
- Your new plan is a 12 month plan, 30 minutes per day, 3 days per week, which costs $75 per month
- You will receive a 20% discount for the year
- $900 * 0.8 = $720
- You have $640 credit
- You will pay $720 - $640 = $80
- Your new plan will start the next day and will be valid for a year.
Please send in a request to the help center (when you are logged in) if you wish to downgrade your plan.