Upgrade your plan when you want to chat for more days per week or for longer.
You can change and upgrade your plan anytime through your Cambly account on the website or on your mobile device.
When you upgrade your plan the unused value of your current plan will be applied against the cost of your new plan.
We’re excited you enjoy practicing English on Cambly so much! This article explains how we work out the cost of your new plan when you upgrade.
Here are the basics about plan upgrades:
- When you upgrade your plan, we cancel your current plan and begin a new plan.
- The unused value on your old plan will help pay for your new plan. You’ll see it automatically applied against the cost of your new plan when you check out!
- There are no fees or penalties for changing your plan.
Here’s an example using simple numbers to show you how it works. For this example, we’ll use USD as the currency. These are not real prices. To see the real pricing for our plans, please visit our Subscription page.
You currently have a 3-month plan for 15 minutes per day, 3 days per week. (3/15/3)
You want to upgrade to a 12-month plan for 15 minutes per day, 3 days per week. (12/15/3)
You bought the plan in March and you make the change on April 12th:
- Your new plan will start at 3am on April 13th.
- Your plan will expire on April 13th of the following year.
- You used 1 month of your current plan
- The total plan cost $270. [The price per month for a 3/15/3 plan is $100.
- You receive a 10% discount for committing to 3 months. $100*0.9 = $90/month. $270 for 3 months]
- You have used $90
- Credit = $180. [This is the unused value of your plan. $270 - $90]
- You want to upgrade to a 12/15/3 plan
- The plan costs $960. [The price per month for a 12/15/3 plan is $100.
- You receive a 20% discount for committing to 12 months. $100*0.8 = $80/month. $960 for 12 months]
- You will pay $780. [$960 (total cost of new plan) - $180 (credit on your account)]
You can upgrade your plan right from your account on the website!
You may also find these articles useful:
How do I change my subscription plan?
Can I pause my subscription? How?
What is Cambly’s refund policy?
Still Need Help? Please send a request.