With a few steps, you can download your video lesson to your computer in about five minutes!
In order to do so, you will need:
- a computer (Mac or PC)
- a VLC player downloaded on your computer
- Log in to your Cambly account and click on the Progress tab.
- Click F12 to open the console. Or, right-click anywhere in the browser window to click on Inspect.
- Then, click on Network in the console
- Open and play the lesson video for a few seconds. You can then hit stop/pause.
- Then find video in the list under Network in the console, right-click, and then choose Open in new tab. This will automatically download the m3u8 file.
- Open the downloaded m3u8 file in your VLC player. You will be able to play it, but it is not saved to your computer.
- Click on the Media tab in the VLC Player menu to find Convert/Save.
- In the new pop-up, click on Add, choose the m3u8 file of the video lesson, and then click on Convert/Save.
- Be sure you are saving the file in the correct format [Video - H.264 + MP3 (TS)] and check again when you choose the destination [Containers(*.ts)].
- The longer your lesson video, the longer it will take to convert. Once it’s done, you can find the downloaded video file of your lesson in the location you saved it in!