Here are a few suggestions that you can try which may improve the quality of your connection and improve your experience on Cambly.
If you are using a laptop or computer
- Use Chrome
- Close any programs or applications running in the background
- Make sure there are no other devices using your network while you're trying to chat on Cambly. (We know this might not be possible for everyone.)
- Move closer to your router or ...
- Plug directly into your router using an Ethernet cable, rather than using Wi-Fi
- Try to tether to your cellular network instead of using your wi-fi connection
- Make sure both Chrome and your OS are up-to-date and that recent updates have installed correctly
- Restart your computer and router.
- Disable all Chrome browser extensions.
- Run Cambly in an incognito window.
- Try to disable all firewalls, anti-viruses, ad-blockers, VPNs, etc. that could be interfering. Seek professional advice if you have concerns about the security of your computer, home network.
- Make sure no scan or update is slowing your computer down.
- Close all other programs, apps, and tabs
If you are using a mobile device
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the app
- Check your battery. If your battery is low, charge your device.
- Try using a wi-fi connection instead of your cellular connection or vice versa
- Check that no other applications are using your mic or phone
- Check that no other applications are running in the background
- Check that you have enough storage capacity on your device